Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What a word

What is a Political Correctness? Is it a way to hide form a reality of one prejudice to full the other? Why are we trying so hard to be something or somebody that we are not? Who the heck needs this artificial, meaningless and degrading word anyway? I have been asking this question for the last few years and I had had it and I have to say some thing about it. Would I change peoples mind? Heck no and that is not my point any way. Well I have to get back to it tomorrow I guess. Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct; both forms commonly abbreviated to PC) is a term used to describe language, ideas, policies, or behavior seen as seeking to minimize offense to racial, cultural, or other identity groups. Conversely, the term politically incorrect is used to refer to language or ideas that may cause offense or that are unconstrained by orthodoxy.

The term itself and its usage are controversial. The term "political correctness" is used almost exclusively in a pejorative sense,[1][2] while "politically incorrect" is commonly used as a self-description, as in the series of "politically incorrect guides", produced by conservative publisher Regnery.[3]

Some commentators have argued that the term "political correctness" is a straw man invented by conservatives in the 1990s in order to challenge progressive social change, especially with respect to issues of race, religion and gender.[1][4] Ruth Perry traces the term back to Mao's little red book. According to Perry, the term was later adopted by the radical left in the 1960s. In the 1990s, because of the term's association with radical politics and communist censorship, it was used by the political right in the United States to discredit the political left, including liberals and Democrats.[2]