Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It is what it is

Well Joey really elaborate the so called meaning of what it is, the question I have and want all of us to think about is that why are we so consumed by it. Is the idea of being politically correct making us to be less truthful? Are we as a society mumbling more and speak out less in fear of being labeled as bigots, racists, uneducated, unreasonable and so on and on. Who is benefited by this term? I have migrated from Africa twelve years ago and been a citizen of this great nation for a little more than five years and I have seen enough to say something about this word, off course not in a positive way and by now any reader would sense this too. I am not sure whether it is a class divide or racial one, but definitely there is a divide and the word political correctness is used accordingly.

No comments: